Marble tiles are very elegant and resistant, which is why it is one of the preferred types of stone that is used in a variety of countertops, walls and floors. When working on marble tile floors, it’s important to choose the right colors to create a complementary effect with the rest of your home, office, or anywhere else. There are different shades to choose from and you might be surprised that creativity goes a long way when trying new mixes and colors.
1. Sichuan marble. This type of marble tile is very white and looks flawless. Although the material is mainly used for fireplaces and statuary, it also brings very classic details to the floors. The veining is very light or fair and often has a black color. This type of marble flooring is best when placed in an area with lots of light.
2. Brown marble. The color of this type of marble mosaic can range from red to tan to brown. The inclusions are beige, flesh or black. This is commonly used in bathrooms and terraces. Brown marble provides an earthy tone that best complements areas with white plants and decorations. The contrast between the brown floor and the light decorations creates a relaxing effect.
3. Hunan standard. This type of marble mosaic has black or gray tones. The gray can range from light to dark with a black grain. This type of marble tile flooring is good for patios and kitchen areas where lighter shades of cookware or a white door complement each other better. You can also choose to experiment with black and gray Hunan tiles to create a dramatic shading look.
4. Grey-brown aggregate. The aggregate may contain all-white marble with dark-colored grain or a variety of patches ranging from red to orange to gray. In some ways, this is a difficult color to wear as it may not fit in any area. It is recommended that you check how the grain matches the body color and see if it matches the room where you plan to install it.
5. Brown-white marble. The tone of this marble tile is generally a mix of brown and white that looks great in living rooms and bedrooms. Some may contain small holes, but the advantage is that it provides a cooling effect as it does not retain heat for long but absorbs cold. Some of these tiles may also have a peach hue.
6. Rose window. This is a new type of marble that best complements bedrooms as it is quite a pink or peach color. The grain is heavy, but if the tiles are polished it creates a very elegant and stylish look.
Remember that all marble tiles are unique. The colors, grain, and inclusions are all different, giving you more room to experiment. Be sure to follow the correct installation procedures to ensure they remain firm and stable. Polishing and resealing is also needed to maintain that shiny, elegant facade.
Marble Tile Floors – http://tilenet.net